Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Television - Marquee Moon (Bonus Tracks) (2003 Re-Release)


A classic that should need no introduction, this album remains one of my favorites. There is only one word that can really describe this album for me...and that word is "guitars." I included the version with "Little Johnny Jewel," the band's first single, which initially started their upward spiral into New York City's post-rock/punk explosion of the early 1970s. In 1973, the band started a long-term residency at New York's very own CBGB, where the band brought "street music," as punk rock was once called, to the masses. Thus, the punk rock music scene was born.

Television - Marquee Moon (Bonus Tracks) (2003 re-release)

1 comment:

MoFoSHo said...

and you should also say..."This treat of a musical discovery was introduced to me by my beloved sister." hmmhmm