Sunday, April 27, 2008

Headed for that Frisco Bay


San Francisco has never had a hard time providing an amazing atmosphere for a lifestyle unlike most throughout the rest of the country. In the late 60's the Bay area helped bands produce a signature pop sound that is still prominent in bands in the area today. Lately I have found myself listening to a variety of bands hailing from the great American West Coast, many of these from San Francisco. Recently I had the pleasure of seeing Baltimore dream-pop all-stars Beach House, with their perfectly fit opener Papercuts. Having never heard anything by Papercuts previously, I was overjoyed to find them exactly what I needed; perfectly constructed pop anthems with the ability to take the listener almost into the warm water of the Pacific and beyond. The following posts are just a few of the great bands hailing from the Bay area, all worth a listen.

Make sure to check out The Botticellis and The Mantles as well....

No comments: